2013年9月27日星期五

Dog Friendly Outing

For many pet owners, I’m sure at one point they’ve wanted to go on a trip somewhere but had to deal with finding a place or someone that could take care of their furry little friend! Then probably while they are away, they would wonder how their pet is holding up in their absence. None of those things would be a concern if you could just take your pet with you! And that is what we did.


We went to Katsuura in Chiba, which was less than a 2 hour drive from Tokyo, and headed to a hotel called Blueberry Hill. Apparently that area is known for blueberries. I didn’t really know what to expect of the place, as I only knew that it was by the Pacific Ocean and the brochure seemed like it had okay rooms. The only reason we chose this place was because it was pet friendly. Turned out the place was better than I expected!






That’s the main entrance, or lobby. The dining area is also inside but not shown. I thought it would be one whole building but everything was split up and spread out across vast grasslands, something I had never seen before in Japan, at least not in the city. It looked more like a country club than a hotel.




There is an herb garden in this area so I thought it was pretty cool they used rosemary for decor, and I liked it even more that the vase looked like a chemistry flask. Nice ☆




Within the first few minutes of going around this place, I instantly felt like I was on a vacation abroad. This does not seem like Japan! Even the “hotel rooms” look like mini houses or a villa of some sort. But then of course, all of the staff were Japanese and everything else was in Japanese so it was quite trippy to say the least.






The room came with a cage and other basic necessities like a water bottle, wet wipes, deodorizing spray, toilet sheets, and even a carpet lint roller. The only things we had to bring that weren’t provided was dog food, some treats and toys, and possibly a dog bed.


Actually, on the first day the weather was terrible and it was literally pouring rain. I mean like marble-sized raindrops. (I took outdoor pictures the following day.) But that didn’t ruin our day since we spent the entire time playing sports indoors. I can’t tell you how fun it was to play sports cause it has been forever! I’m talking about since PE in school forever. We played badminton and ping pong indoors on a rainy day, and the breeze was nice and chilly from the open doors and windows – it was just perfect. After we went back to that place in the first picture above and had a buffet style dinner. Then for the rest of the night watched TV and chilled with Musashi! Just like any other day at home, except we were on a trip together! ♥ He seemed to be a happy camper.




As we only stayed for one night, it was time to leave the next day. Before checking out we had time walk around and play tennis! There were tennis courts, soccer fields and swimming pools available among other things. The souvenir shop even had dog toys and everything.




It was actually my first time playing tennis, kind of sad I know, but it is hella fun!! I am going to start picking it up, get a racquet and everything. This stay has changed my life lol. That was the end of our stay at Blueberry Hill, but next we went to another amazing place called…


マザー牧場 |MOTHER FARM


Sounds kind of weird, I know. But let me tell you, this place is awesome!! The man behind this farm actually started the Tokyo Tower! The meaning behind the name “Mother Farm” is because apparently his parents, who lived in the suburbs, were extremely poor, and his mother often said


 If we just had one more cow, our lives would be so much easier.


Her words stuck with him his whole life, and the rest is history. It’s actually very sweet if you ask me… Ironically though, he is from Osaka.


Anyways, I feel compelled to explain to you why I think this place is great. First of all, to stick to the purpose of this entire trip, is that you can take your dog here!! Although you have to pay 500 yen for the dog, and adult tickets are 1500 yen, it is totally worth it.




That is the entrance of the farm. If you ask me to imagine what Michael Jackson’s NEVERLAND looks like, I’d picture this. It is more than just a farm though because there are so many things you can do here! There is a mini amusement park, mostly for families though cause the rides are very kiddy, but you can also do bungee jumping. Seasonal activities include strawberry and blueberry picking and of course looking at flowers. Oh, and if anyone is interested you can experience cow milking too.






Saw some sheep and ducks!! All the animals are so cute and friendly. I am disappointed I missed alpacas though!! If you’ve ever been to a zoo, I’m sure you know the offensive smell it can give, but this farm is just SO CLEAN! Even the washrooms were clean – none of that port-a-potty business. One of those moments where it was like, yeah, this is Japan after all.






The best place to take your dog is to this place called “Dog Run“. It basically like a dog park, except fenced, and you can let your dogs run free off leash. There are benches for people to just sit and watch their dogs mingle with other dogs! When we arrived though, everyone was just leaving and Musashi was forever arone. Shortly after one dog came!






I think the above picture is funny cause it looks like Musashi is totally creeping up on the other dog’s butt. It was just so much fun watching him though, especially it being his first time off leash outdoors. He’s about 7 months right now! And they say Chihuahuas don’t need that much exercise, but I was surprised he was walking right along with us for the couple of hours that we were there and even had energy to run around. Since this place is huge, all that walking made us work up an appetite, so next we went to eat at a…






Barbeque Terrace!! I know it’s almost October, but it is still very much summer over here, and what is better than having barbeque on a hot day?! And yes you can bring your dogs too! There is a place to tie your leash on the sides. This place was self-serve and you choose the plates of meat and vegetables you would like to grill. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.




The view is so incredible too! I already instagrammed that shit lol. I think it was just our luck the previous day was raining like crazy, because it was a beautiful day! Everything worked out so well, including playing tennis in the morning.






One popular event is the piggy race but I think the main attraction is the cow farm! Cows are so cute… first time seeing them in real life. But again, just like last time at the jellyfish aquarium that served jellyfish on its menu… it was strange to admire cows after having just eaten barbeque, which I loved. I’m sorry…


But really, the cool thing about this place is of course it has a small dairy plantation, so their most popular treats are soft serve icecream and fresh milk!






I chose blueberry icecream! The blueberries must have been freshed picked from their own farms as well. AND they come in the classic milk bottles!! What a nice traditional touch. You can definitely get the feel that this place has its history… And although I hate drinking plain milk, that coffee flavour one must be delicious!


Last but not least, kawaii spam of the day…






Japan has some of the best souvenir shops, hands down. Put a face on anything you can think of and make it cute. Not just that but they always have plenty of yummy snacks as well!


This post is very long, but no amount of posts could clearly depict how enjoyable it was. It has been over 2 years that I’ve come to Japan, but I keep finding reasons to love it more after experiencing new things and going to different places. There is a first time for everything. These places are quite close to Tokyo too!


I would definitely love to go to Mother Farm again, especially since we can take Musashi. Aside from your love and dog treats, I think there is no better way to make your dog happy than by going on walks and exploring the outdoors together. It was memorable for sure. You don’t have to be a dog owner to enjoy this kind of a trip either. Dog or no dog, anyone can enjoy it. I just find that it’s a major bonus that this trip was dog friendly ♥


没有评论:

发表评论