2013年9月21日星期六

Dog-friendly St Kilda



Dog-friendly Sunday Market



One of my favourite things about living in St Kilda is its dog-friendliness.


I love that almost every cafe and restaurant in Fitzroy Street has bowls out for thirsty doggies.  I love that my dog is welcome to sit up at the front tables of the Prince watching the world go by.  I love that he is allowed into the Espy with me (at least until 8pm).  I love that Albert Park has vast expanses of off-leash areas (except for around two months of the year when they are rendered almost useless due to the ridiculous traffic involved in setting up and pulling down Grand Prix infrastructure… but that’s a story for another post.


The beach to the west of Fitzroy Street welcomes dogs all year round and here dogs of all breeds, temperments and ages play in the water, either with their owners during the Summer months or together when it gets a bit cold.  Nearly all the non-food shops in Acland Street welcome my dog in to browse with me.


But with dog ownership comes responsibility


Nothing annoys me more than when dog owners studiously ignore the crap their dog has just taken.  All our local supermarkets supply wonderful little doggie bag holders with easy-to-use doggie pick-up bags.  It seriously only takes a second.  I hate stepping in shit just as much as non-dog people do, but we all become targets because of the selfish few.  So please, doggie owners, pick up your shit, even if nobody’s seen you.  Thanks.




Brunch at Banff







没有评论:

发表评论