2013年9月27日星期五

Dog Friendly Camping in Ontario


My first review is going to be about Bon Echo provincial park.


The dog beach here is the best I have seen to date. It is sandy and weed free on beautiful mazinaw lake and you can actually see the people beach from this area. There’s a big open field where the dogs can run off leash and play and then they can cool off in the beautiful sandy water.


We love this beach so much because we can bring Larry for the day and we can swim with him… he loves it too, you’ll see the pictures below. I would recommend staying in the Fairways campground area because it’s just a nice short walk to the dog beach. Any other area that you stay in, you’ll have to drive to the beach unless you want to walk for a while.


I would love to hear about your experiences at Bon Echo and if you find anything great to do with your dog.


Happy Camping!




Here is the bridge that leads to the dog beach.






Dog Beach Bon Echo, beautiful, sandy bottom






This was quite a distance out in the water at the dog beach and we could still touch











Good afternoon everyone! Thanks for coming to visit my blog.


I was inspired to make this blog because I found myself constantly searching for the perfect campground that my boyfriend Peter and I can goto with our 1.5 year old chocolate lab named Larry. We camp a lot throughout the summer and i’m constantly saying to myself,



“geez I wish there were more photos and descriptions of the dog beaches in campgrounds throughout Ontario“.



Although I have found a few other blogs with photos and descriptions I still don’t think it’s enough. My purpose here is to visit as many dog friendly parks across Canada and blog about them. I’m going to take photos of the beach area… I will give it a rating and will let you know which areas are best to camp in if you’re hoping to hit the dog beach. I’ll even give you some pet friendly activities that you can take part in during your trip to the park.


Here’s a little background about us… When we camp, we don’t like to leave our dog tied up at the campsite because we know that he enjoys swimming just as much as we do, so we will only stay at parks where there is a dog beach and it’s suitable for us to swim at. So far we have visited Bon Echo provincial Park, Balsam Lake Provincial Park and will be visiting Grundy Lake Provincial Park this weekend so I plan to provide photos and a detailed description of each. Feel free to post comments and questions and I promise to respond asap.


Happy Camping Everyone on this fine July/August long weekend!


Cassie


没有评论:

发表评论